Skip to main content

8 Heads in a Duffel bag

8 Heads in a Duffel Bag is a 1997 black comedy film starring Joe Pesci, Kristy Swanson and David Spade. It was the directorial debut of screenwriter Tom Schulman. In 1998 the film won the Brussels International Festival of Fantastic Film's Silver Raven award. This is my version:

Every time I walk into my bathroom I laugh and think "OK. I have a so so Sue; a bad Felicia; a decent Taylor; and a bad Gypsy." (If you have seen the movie, you get it)

One thing about Chemo is that it has the propensity of making you shed hair more than a Siberian Husky.

People, I cannot rock a had scarf or go bald. I just don't have the bone structure or good looks to do it. So my weapon(s) of choice is a wig. Or as of today, 4 wigs. Now, you have to know that you're looking at a woman who for her whole life wanted to change her hair style, but just never did. I was too scared to cut my hair. It was waist length, natural strawberry blonde/red. I never colored it either. For many years I kept the same, dull, boring hairstyle. I trimmed it up in later years, curled it occasionally, and that was as close to a "style" as i got (as seen below, BC).




And then along came chemo and a whole new world opened up. Wigs. Now, I have so many different hair options, people at work are wondering if I'm schizophrenic. One week I'm a brunette with highlights, the next week I'm a strawberry blonde rocking bangs.

You've gotta find the fun in the worst of circumstances. I'm slowly finding mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WoW Bucket List

Everybody should have a bucket list.  Mine has been recycled quite a few times, held together by duct tape, and the handle has since broken off, but the bucket still holds water. Nestled in my bucket list, somewhere between visiting Italy and paying off all my debt, is to visit Blizzard HQ and attend Blizzcon.   I had to scratch working for Blizzard off my list, although I'm a great Executive Assistant, I figure I'm unemployable at a new company whilst going through cancer.   I can just imagine the interview process: Me:   "Yes I need 2 days off a month to get chemo.  And, oh yea, your insurance company is going to hate both you and me because your loss ratio is going to increase and set you back 3 years at minimum, along with the premiums going up." Uh sorry, where was I?    Oh yea, so bucket list, Blizzard/Blizzcon.  It's an odd bucket list item.   Bucket items are supposed to be a bit more grandiose.   I mean it's not like Blizzard is the moth

My sin: Button Pushing is my Downfall in Wow and Real Life

In WoW, the correct way to play is to key bind your spells/abilities to your keyboard.    After 12 years playing as a  clicker, I'm trying to do this.   I really am.   But, I suck at it!    I end up pushing buttons randomly in panic, to not being able to move with my mouse and therefore dying in the fire (a mortal sin in WoW).   My DPS suffers terribly.  So does my self esteem (in game) when I'm one of the, if not THE lowest DPS in the raid.    I don't want to raid much any more unless the guild is bringing some alts to the raids and therefore they are prepared to carry folks.   I can't take it (key binds) and I always revert back to the old way of clicking.  After 12 years+ playing, I am so conditioned to using my mouse to click spells, that I can't seem to break the habit. Yes, buttons pushing is my downfall.     Even in real life.  Case in point, this: It was in the beginning of my cancer diagnosis and after one of my first chemo treatments.   When we were

Pet Peeves

I have a few pet peeves.  This one is regarding dumb/stupid terms/bad phrases. This particular post was brought on when I had to order business cards for a new Director at work; an IoT Director. Now picture this printed on his business cards. Mr. John Smith Director of the Internet of Things   Never.Gonna.Happen.  The acronym will always be used.  Unless you're me.  Ordering business cards and this is your title.     I mean really?   "the Internet of Things ?"  Things?!   Here are some synonyms for the word "thing".     stuff star baggage star chattels star clothes star conditions star duds star effects star gear star goods star possessions None of these words really fit.  Why didn't he (Kevin Ashton) think this phrase through?   Do a little research maybe.   At the very least check some synonyms to see if the word worked, or if there was a better word to use.   These words listed above, were around in 1999 when he co