Skip to main content

WoW Bucket List


Everybody should have a bucket list.  Mine has been recycled quite a few times, held together by duct tape, and the handle has since broken off, but the bucket still holds water.

Nestled in my bucket list, somewhere between visiting Italy and paying off all my debt, is to visit Blizzard HQ and attend Blizzcon.   I had to scratch working for Blizzard off my list, although I'm a great Executive Assistant, I figure I'm unemployable at a new company whilst going through cancer.   I can just imagine the interview process:

Me:   "Yes I need 2 days off a month to get chemo.  And, oh yea, your insurance company is going to hate both you and me because your loss ratio is going to increase and set you back 3 years at minimum, along with the premiums going up."

Uh sorry, where was I?   

Oh yea, so bucket list, Blizzard/Blizzcon.  It's an odd bucket list item.   Bucket items are supposed to be a bit more grandiose.   I mean it's not like Blizzard is the motherland of my family or anything; well, actually it is.. but I mean it's not like we've played Blizzard's games for years (and years) well OK, we've done that too.   It's not like some of us have filled out applications....  ok, been there, done that too.

My (ex Navy) son actually got to visit Blizzard HQ this year.  He lives in San Diego and has friends that work there.   {Me muttering, "the little SOB." }

When he told me he was going there, I told him he wasn't allowed to go there without me.   I threatened him with being disowned.  I threw a hissy fit.  I bitched, pouted, and generally acted like a 3 year old.  It didn't work.  He went anyway.   I guess Mom doesn't have much say over you when you're 30 years old.   Pft.  

Once I got over being jealous, I was excited for him.   I made him promise to call and tell me all about it.   Needless to say he had a great time seeing friends and visiting the motherland.  I think he said something about hearing harps play when he entered the building.

Back to Bucket List and Blizzcon.

We tried calling for tickets, me in Georgia and him in Cali, and he made it all the way to inputting the cc information when whammo, all the tickets were gone.   Disheartening to say the least.   BUT, I see there is another chance to get them coming up soon.   I'll be smashing buttons like crazy along with a few million other people, hoping to get through.

A part of this list just might be scratched off in July.   I'm heading to California because my son and daughter-in-law are expecting my FIRST grandbaby.   (FYI, The first stuffed animal I bought for her was a Murloc of course).  So Maybe I can visit Blizzard then.    Just maybe, if I can tear myself away from the baby long enough.   Or maybe I can just sneak her away from them for a few hours.  Maybe they won't notice.  

Maybe I should patch a few more holes in my bucket list.  Le sigh.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My sin: Button Pushing is my Downfall in Wow and Real Life

In WoW, the correct way to play is to key bind your spells/abilities to your keyboard.    After 12 years playing as a  clicker, I'm trying to do this.   I really am.   But, I suck at it!    I end up pushing buttons randomly in panic, to not being able to move with my mouse and therefore dying in the fire (a mortal sin in WoW).   My DPS suffers terribly.  So does my self esteem (in game) when I'm one of the, if not THE lowest DPS in the raid.    I don't want to raid much any more unless the guild is bringing some alts to the raids and therefore they are prepared to carry folks.   I can't take it (key binds) and I always revert back to the old way of clicking.  After 12 years+ playing, I am so conditioned to using my mouse to click spells, that I can't seem to break the habit. Yes, buttons pushing is my downfall.     Even in real life.  Case in point, this: It was in the beginning of my cancer diagnosis and after one of my first chemo treatments.   When we were

Pet Peeves

I have a few pet peeves.  This one is regarding dumb/stupid terms/bad phrases. This particular post was brought on when I had to order business cards for a new Director at work; an IoT Director. Now picture this printed on his business cards. Mr. John Smith Director of the Internet of Things   Never.Gonna.Happen.  The acronym will always be used.  Unless you're me.  Ordering business cards and this is your title.     I mean really?   "the Internet of Things ?"  Things?!   Here are some synonyms for the word "thing".     stuff star baggage star chattels star clothes star conditions star duds star effects star gear star goods star possessions None of these words really fit.  Why didn't he (Kevin Ashton) think this phrase through?   Do a little research maybe.   At the very least check some synonyms to see if the word worked, or if there was a better word to use.   These words listed above, were around in 1999 when he co